01 June 2010

.:summer vacation:.

It has finally hit. Summer. I spent January through May of this year taking 18 units at Canada College. The semester marked my first successful term in college since 2005. The to do list has been piling up, and I'm finally tackling item after item.

So far this weekend Isaias and I have rented a dump truck, shoveled dirt, and planned a garden. I've also managed to hang bike racks, bake a tart for the first time, and started the garden. This period of working on the house may seem silly, but it's a first for me and I am excited. There's something incredibly fulfilling about housework. This is our first home together (just renting) and we're exhilarated to create a haven in this crazy busy life and world.

I've got a lot of posts coming; especially since I have time to bake again. This weekend I created two new delicious dishes: GF banana blueberry pancakes, and a GF-Casein free tart. Those recipes should be posted within a few days. They were quite the projects, but the results were well worth it...


Here's to the boring ole' domesticated life, and all its sweetness....

1 comment:

  1. yay! to an awesome weekend with the coolest and prettiest girl in school ;-)

    ReplyDelete