08 June 2010

.: the miracle of life! :.

I can't get over this. Seven days ago I put a dried up, hard, and blandly colored bean in the ground. Today, a little plant emerged. The leaves formed impressions on the insides of the bean. You can tell that the leaves formed within that bean. Nerdy, yes. Cheesy, yes. I just can't help but geek out on the circle of life.

And completely unrelated, I found a neat looking bug today (it was dead). Anyone want to guess what it is? Two hints: It has six legs and wings (you can't see them, they lay flat against the bug).

3 comments:

  1. thatz an astute observation about the leaves forming within the bean shell...I never really thought about that. So would you say that bean just acting out it's DNA, much like an actor would read a script?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bug looks like a tick to me -- is it not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ticks don't have wings mark ;p, and what a scary world it would be if they did! I think it's a stinkbug: http://www.bugpeople.org/taxa/Heteroptera/Pentatomidae/FamilyPentatomidaePage.htm

    ReplyDelete